Friday, October 24, 2008

A Word about the Windows


The photographs of the windows on this site are all from Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Dearborn, Michigan, where I am a member.

  • The windows are more than just colored glass.
  • The windows are more than just decoration.
  • The windows are more than just a distraction when you don't want to listen to a perfectly wonderful Law and Gospel sermon.
  • The windows don't show you how to live a better life or how to become rich and successful.
The windows tell a story. Actually they tell many stories, but all the stories that they tell are about God. These aren't mythic stories about just any god, but they tell the true story of the one, true God who came to earth and was born as one of us to redeem us from our sins. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He did not come to condemn us for our sins, instead He came to redeem us from our sins and rescue us from the punishment we deserve. That is why the evangelist Matthew described the birth of Jesus with these words, "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

My name is Pastor Paul Wolff. I am a Lutheran Pastor, but I am not serving a congregation at the present time. My connection to Emmanuel is only as a member. While I am awaiting a call to serve elsewhere it is my privilege to receive God's Means of Grace (His holy Word and Sacraments) from the faithful pastors at Emmanuel, and it is my honor to serve God's people there as a fellow believer who is redeemed by Christ.

I made these photographs in September 2008 and I began this blog to share the Gospel message that is found in these beautiful images.

I pray that you enjoy the photographs and the accompanying messages. May Christ bless you as you contemplate His Word along with the beautiful visuals on this site.

Pastor Wolff

No comments: